A Decent Growth w Kessil A360W

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 3, 360we over a 5 foot tank growing everything from acans to stubborn acros. awesome polyp extension and my monti almost has to be fragged. only lighting about 8 hours a day too.

Attachments

• IMG_4712.JPG
    IMG_4712.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
OP
OP
H

habutti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nbagnardi, omg that's beautiful. I guess then my issue is to what settings to use with the controller to get this awesome growth.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail this thread, but at what point would one consider upgrading lights? I've got an a160we over my 17g sps tank. Some claim they grow sps with this light, but the majority all advise the 360we instead.

I had one blue staghorn acro turn light brown. Others, like my miyagi tort has developed bright blue tips and a turquoise body.

My tank parameters have been swinging lately, so that could be a reason for corals losing their color. Not sure if I should hold out and stick with this Kessil a160, or jump to the 360?

How long before a coral turns brown due to insufficient light vs swinging parameters?

Matt

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back