A few pictures of my 400g reef

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I used your site when I was first getting into the saltwater hobby a year and a half ago, so thank you!

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, it's not going on anymore, is it? XP

Anyway, you two have me sold...I kept putting it off but a refractometer is definitely on my shopping list for next month...hoping I can pull it off. Mom's gonna kill me when she finds out I'm spending my grocery money on fish stuff again, lol!

Actually, what I really like is this one, which is easier to read and calibrates quickly every time. Reef Addicts - Product Review: Milwaukee Digital Refractometer

I still have my regular one, but hardly use it.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The First and Second one with the Anthias above it.

I'm not 100% certain, but Mummy Eye comes to mind. Here are a couple of close ups:

stacked-chalice-lip.jpg

[URL="http://melevsreef.com/pics/14/tn_view.php?path=%2Fpics%2F14%2F1%2F#"][/URL]
chalice_blue-td.jpg
[URL="http://melevsreef.com/pics/14/tn_view.php?path=%2Fpics%2F14%2F1%2F#"][/URL]

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update! Your system is amazing....

Very nice tank Mel

Beautiful tank! I used your site when I was first getting into the saltwater hobby a year and a half ago, so thank you!

Thank you all. Have you been to my website in the past six weeks? It's completely overhauled. New information, new pages about my current tanks, the Media section has galleries of images and more. I spent two years building it, and finally released it just before Reefapalooza.

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. Have you been to my website in the past six weeks? It's completely overhauled. New information, new pages about my current tanks, the Media section has galleries of images and more. I spent two years building it, and finally released it just before Reefapalooza.

I can't say that I have been on in the last six weeks. I'll be sure to get on now though and check out all the work you've done.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, what I really like is this one, which is easier to read and calibrates quickly every time. Reef Addicts - Product Review: Milwaukee Digital Refractometer

I still have my regular one, but hardly use it.

I haven't got the cash for something that fancy. Nearly everything I have for my reef is cobbled-together used stuff or the storebrand cheap type (think Petco powerheads).

I'm really enjoying those podcasts. :)

Last edited:

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks real good Marc. I was teasing on FB about your needing more fish but don't remember if I asked. What is the rough total of swimming pets in your display tank?

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck raising them! I look forward to following your progress on RA.....with some amazing pictures! Also quick question for you Marc, I just hooked up my AquaMaxx Biopellet reactor today (finally!) and followed your advice and put some fittings together so the BP outputs directly into the skimmer pump. You also advised to dose bacteria regularly, so I got some MB7. On the MB7 directions it advises to dose everyday and to turn off the skimmer for 3 hours after every dose. Do you advise I dose MB7 everyday, and is it necessary to turn off my skimmer (I'm a little afraid to do this bc I know how important skimming is when running biopellets)?? Thanks, I really appreciate all your advise. Keep up the awesome updates!

Last edited:
OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck raising them! I look forward to following your progress on RA.....with some amazing pictures! Also quick question for you Marc, I just hooked up my AquaMaxx Biopellet reactor today (finally!) and followed your advice and put some fittings together so the BP outputs directly into the skimmer pump. You also advised to dose bacteria regularly, so I got some MB7. On the MB7 directions it advises to dose everyday and to turn off the skimmer for 3 hours after every dose. Do you advise I dose MB7 everyday, and is it necessary to turn off my skimmer (I'm a little afraid to do this bc I know how important skimming is when running biopellets)?? Thanks, I really appreciate all your advise. Keep up the awesome updates!

If you are dosing it that often, you probably don't have to turn off the skimmer. Some will make it into the system, while some will be skimmed out. I would think dosing every 3 days would be plenty. Some do so once a week using MB7.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Love the "frag" tank and baby eyes!

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to simply build a new one to replace this one. It's too full of coral to hope to reset it to its original state. This time it will be stand alone with its sump and filtration system.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back