A few questions !

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long will it take for a bleached anemone to recover ?it's been a few months and my anenome has gone trough alot ,I almost lost it , it split 3 times and it's beginning to get its color back
20170105_133452.jpg
20170105_133452.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting type? It could take a long time, too many variables to nail down a specific amount of time.

OP
OP
Theo15

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting type? It could take a long time, too many variables to nail down a specific amount of time.
I have a 4 bulb t5 ATI now I've had it running for about 4 months on my system, 2 blue plus, 1 purple plus and 1 aqua blue special

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones bleach a lot faster then the coloration returns. I still see some pink which is good. Others with completely bleached anemones have had to introduce another BTA to re-introduce the zooxanthellae.

OP
OP
Theo15

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones bleach a lot faster then the coloration returns. I still see some pink which is good. Others with completely bleached anemones have had to introduce another BTA to re-introduce the zooxanthellae.
Yea I noticed it got some color back but it was completely white and tucked itself behind the rocks ,it has moved so much and it finally found a spot then out of nowhere it split 3 times ,but I thought only a healthy anemone could do this , I'm still trying with it ,I've noticed that it still bubbles up from time to time

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll take a while, but they look like they're recovering. I've had two major bleaching incidents. Depends on a lot of factors but I put it at 2-6 mos to get full color back - just my experience. Stability is the key - parameter swings, drastic changes in lighting intensity, etc make my nems pretty grouchy. Had a couple that were completely transparent and they came back. Just left them alone and hooked 'em up with some bonus target feeding (I don't feed my BTAs but maybe once a quarter, or maybe for company that want to see the om nomin' action).

If your bulbs are older than a year it may be time to replace 'em - just a minor suggestion/consideration.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back