OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my planted is still a lot of fun, and it’s one of the prettiest tanks I have.

e9dfb6a1e3b6befdd6d6f02b55d3b76d.jpg

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fresh water tank is beautiful, I started out with planted FW because I was to nervous to do SW, finally I just bit the bullet, started out with a 3 gal. Pico, that lasted about 3 mos. went from that to an 8 gal. Then to a 30 gal. AIO. Unfortunately it crashed last April and I've missed it ever since. With the holidays here there will be lots of sales and I'm looking:D anyway this is an awesome hobby but very addicting.
BTW welcome to R2R :)

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fresh water tank is beautiful, I started out with planted FW because I was to nervous to do SW, finally I just bit the bullet, started out with a 3 gal. Pico, that lasted about 3 mos. went from that to an 8 gal. Then to a 30 gal. AIO. Unfortunately it crashed last April and I've missed it ever since. With the holidays here there will be lots of sales and I'm looking:D anyway this is an awesome hobby but very addicting.
BTW welcome to R2R :)

That sounds like my saltwater adventure so far lol, except fingers crossed no crash yet.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like my saltwater adventure so far lol, except fingers crossed no crash yet.
My crash happened while I was out of town, bad choice of who I had look after it.
Very nice 5 gallon, I can see why you'd be distracted :D

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i usually get my parents to feed because fresh water isnt a big deal, now with the saltwater I'm not sure what I'll do. Feeding isn't hard, its what happens when something goes wrong and they have no idea what they are doing.

aquariumreefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with fancy goldfish, them moved to community FW fish, south american cichlids, african cichilds and them koi after than dipped my feet in saltwater and have never gone back to FW been 10 year in the SW now awesome hobby. Ask as many questions as needed and be patient Welcome to coral reef keeping.

Happy Reefing

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do when I go on vacation is bag individual servings and write out detail instructions. Each bag in the freezer is labeled for tank and day to be used.

Also the individual comes over and we go over everything.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do when I go on vacation is bag individual servings and write out detail instructions. Each bag in the freezer is labeled for tank and day to be used.

Also the individual comes over and we go over everything.

I’m pretty sure the last time my parents did it for me, there was a 1 hour discussion. But that was before the saltwater. I like the idea of bags, also seen people use daily medicine organizers.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I’m having some water clarity issues, where would the best place be to start a discussion? Or can we just discuss it here?

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt! This is where all the cool kids exchange info and share their experiences. A big warm welcome to R2R, I see some of the crew has already found you. If you ever have a question, make a post. I typically will have my question answered within 24 hours of posting here. Sign up to get the emails and read through all of those threads. That's a good way to get started here. We're going to have a local meeting in December or January, so keep your eyes out for that. also you can get a Hub City Reef Club banner under your name like mine if you want. I'll PM you and walk you through it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back