A lighting idea early 90s

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another oldie but godly. Am 70 now most my friends of the day I don't hear from anymore most probably got put the hobby long ago. I do have a couple from back then that are still as enthusiastic as I am.

I hear you on that one. Many folks jump in and out and back into the hobby through time. I fall into that category, as well. If you were online, and belonged to any of the early forums, chances are good that we knew each other as those forums had quite small memberships.

I was just a young man when I set up my first SW tank. It was 1987 and I was 19. Ran an Eheim canister on it and it was only fish with a snowflake eel. I set up my first reef in 1990. Everything was so foreign and new but, as you know, really exciting!

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you on that one. Many folks jump in and out and back into the hobby through time. I fall into that category, as well. If you were online, and belonged to any of the early forums, chances are good that we knew each other as those forums had quite small memberships.

I was just a young man when I set up my first SW tank. It was 1987 and I was 19. Ran an Eheim canister on it and it was only fish with a snowflake eel. I set up my first reef in 1990. Everything was so foreign and new but, as you know, really exciting!
Yeah been in and out of the hobby for around 39 years, more in than out. Divorce, house moves, I never took a tank with me, far too much hassle. I was quite late to computers however I had articles in PFK and the W.Y.M.A.G the largest UK marine club in the UK at the time. The interweb killed it dead unfortunately. I did many talks there and still have about a dozen videos of them up in the attic. I also did a few talks at zoos. We were making discoveries all the time. I well remember the likes of Thiel, Sprung. Moe, Young and more from the US coming to talk in the UK as well as many European professional aquarists.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@atoll - saw the video below and immediately thought of this thread. It's interesting and funny at the same time!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@atoll - saw the video below and immediately thought of this thread. It's interesting and funny at the same time!

Neat, but feel this detracts from the reason one keeps a tank lol.

A for ingenuity
B for creative use of materials
A for the only tank no one looks at the tank when they come over.

“want to see my fish tank”
“Sure, whats the pillow for?”
“Thats not a pillow, its a cloud”
“Dude its a pillow”
“No its a cloud”
“Maybe switch to coffee not vodka in the morning”
“You should leave”

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back