A little frag that could!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lenny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lenny

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
160
Reaction score
1
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a story about a tough little frag that I bought. I found a chalice that I wanted on a sponsor's site and I asked him, "If I bought the chalice could you ship out on 11/29 as I'll be on vacation" and he replied "Yes, that's fine"!

I bought the chalice and paid for it on 11/19. The seller shipped the item on the 11/22 and it arrived at my door 11/23. The house sitter just put the box in the corner and didn't tell me it arrived. So the poor little frag just sat in the box until 11/29.

I came home and found the box in the corner. I said to my wife "There's a DOA"! To my surprise, the coral was still alive. So I stuck it in the tank! The frag receded a little but is now starting to grow out. :bigsmile: I was just amazed that the frag lived that long in the box. As compared to when I buy a new frag locally and it melts in 4 hours. Maybe all my new frags should be left in a box for a week! jk lol

The sponsor is a great seller and I have no problem with him!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new