A mile high reef keeper

Reef Jedi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,122
Reaction score
5,050
Location
Erie, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2DFE3CBD-5599-4E3A-9504-01A4912FAF6C.jpeg
1ABBA23A-C638-4F79-B09C-BA38F58C9363.jpeg
7D531DB2-3CEB-4401-8D24-0053BE98B894.jpeg


This is the Start of my 30g clear acrylic reef journey. I am using all equipment I previously had on a 75 gallon from a couple years back. All equipment is way over rated for this tank but I’m hoping that will lead to better scucess. I’ve been reefing since 2003 and have studied marine biology as a hobby. Let the fun begin! I’ll be posting more updates over the life of this build.
 
I am behind updating this build but I will continue to update every night with another step of progress. Rocks and water are in! Mp40’s running and cycle is on! Everything is so fresh and clean! I am further in this build but each night I will upload step by step the progress I have made until I’m caught up! Happy reefing!

50F7FE60-23A8-4FBF-B08F-5DDAC1AF2D8E.jpeg


53FB8C9F-D4DB-4044-9BBC-206DD6A1DD45.jpeg
 
I have always used glass tanks in the past. I am skeptical of this acrylic tank and the different challenges it poses. I am worried it scratches super easy.
168CC272-0BB4-4CB3-A560-708C7978E890.jpeg
21D3A36E-BEC2-42A9-B399-CC422F8D5A7D.jpeg
0D30F695-E1F8-4267-B8AF-EC8CF1DD7ABF.jpeg

I did however get the cycle done! Everything is up and running.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new