A new home, a new tank

Mads Skov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all’

My name is Mads and I live in Denmark. Before I start, I would like to appologies if my English is a bit off. English is my second language, so there is a slight chance of misspelling and grammatical errors in my tread/ post.

My girlfriend and I recently bought a apartment in the city of Aarhus. The apartment is a bit of a project, as it is in a pretty bad shape.

Short introduction. I work as a psychologist at the hospital in Aarhus were I work with traumatised people. I have had tanks before, so the world of saltwater is not new to me. I have been out of the hobby for the past two years, but I am slowly coming back.

No, the tank! I want to put a reef tank in my office. The space for the tank measures 90 cm x 80 cm. I am leaning towards a smaller reef, maybe a Nano as I am afraid that the tank will be to big of a project if it turns too big or take up all my spare time.

I need your help to decide the size of the tank, pros and cons.

I have got a good price on a custom made tank 60 x 50 x 40 cm with stand and sunp for 757 dollars. But, is the tank to small? It can be made in the size I want it to be, but I can’t figure out if I should go bigger og keep with this size. I want a shallow reef. Have also been looking at the im Nuvo sr-60 but I am afraid that this tank is to big...

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
M

Mads Skov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You!

But, doesn’t a bigger tank require more maintenance?

I am considering the sr-60, remove the internal filter wall and drill it. But the Nuvo 40 looks nice to, so I’m kind of torn between tanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Mads!

Big is beautiful as well and actually much easier to handle

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back