A New Journey - 180 Gallons

A brief update - picked up water storage containers for a water change station. Plumbing of the station to come later.
B9A9F089-7B7F-4B90-A870-D35B47F1D442.jpeg
 
This may be the slowest build ever - in the midst of starting this project, we had our fourth child.

Given how busy we were, I shelved the big tank for a time and started a small 14 gallon tank in the process.

1685830124400.jpeg


My thinking with the small tank was to get something going and to build interest with the family.

We are back on track and ready to pick back up on the big tank. I bleached the rock this week and am letting it dry in the sun -

1685830258169.jpeg


Looking at the rock, I am not sure we have enough, so I may need to get some more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new