A Practical Ich Question?

mb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get your fish out of your aquarium and to the quarantine tank? I have numerous coral, about 10 wrasses, a banana eel, and two healthy tangs in my 200 gallon tank- but do have ich - I'm not sure how I can get all the fish out without destroying the tank, rock and corals? Does the banana eel need to be removed also? thanks

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feed for a couple days and then bait a fish trap.

Maybe @Humblefish can verify, but I've got to believe the eel, being a fish, also needs to go to the hospital tank.

You'll need a good size hospital tank and I'd suggest you look into a stock tank.....my guess is this would be the least expensive.

vedros74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not easy especially with all those wrasses. When I had to pull mine out for ich I used a piece of acrylic and kinda cleared out one corner of the tank and chased them to that corner then moved the sheet of acrylic to close them off and caught them with the net. Not sure on the eel someone with more knowledge may have to chime in

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice above. Also, for the wrasses look into a bottle trap. Look here: http://www.3reef.com/threads/diy-fish-trap-catches-six-line-wrasse.144822/

All fish, including the eel, need to be QT'd & treated. However I wouldn't use copper on any scaleless fish such as an eel. You can treat it with Chloroquine phosphate, hyposalinity or tank transfer method. The DT itself should be left fallow for 72 days to wait out any surviving ich tomonts.

JoseNovoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might will have to try different approaches, I've done the bottle trap, acrylic trap, lights out sudden light net...then 2 blue green chromis wouldn't fall for any of those, had to remove all rocks and redid my aquascape, it turns way better so I won! Lol, also tried to hook'em...didn't fell for that either

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back