A R2R Care Spotlight: "Shipping Methods"

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info....Thanks for the advice guys and of course Ficklefins for comming up with these great spotlights....I say we make him the Minister of Information.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking about this and thought this thread would be a good place to put it. It is pretty obvious, but avoid shipping 2 weeks before and one week after the Christmas holiday because, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL (you name it) is going to be extrememly busy and there is a better than normal chance of your package being delayed.

yup.. :)

Thanks..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just want to bump this for our newer shippers! :D

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is taping the heat pack to the top a better idea than taping it to the bottom?
Heat rises. Would it not make more sense to tape it to the bottom and then place something like newspaper on top of it to avoid direct contact with the frag bag.

Last edited:

poolshark181

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is taping the heat pack to the top a better idea than taping it to the bottom?
Heat rises. Would it not make more sense to tape it to the bottom and then place something like newspaper on top of it to avoid direct contact with the frag bag.

wouldnt it be because that the heat pack is alot warmer than the frag needs it to be, and that by placing it up high and allowing the heat pack to dissipate a bit, it would be around the same temp as you keep your tank?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.5%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%

Back