A R2R Care Spotlight: "Zoanthid Dip"

  • Thread starter Thread starter ficklefins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for adding this!
 
For what it is worth I have had great results dipping in Furan 2 (15 minutes) and/or freshwater (RO/DI 5 minutes)

Pretty sure Zoacollector.com recommends Furan2 ;) Great source ;)


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!
 
Last edited:
I use Bayer and I'm really happy with it. Only once did I find pests and they jumped off with the Bayer and tank water mixture. I always rinse well with more tank water.
 
Hello.... I just joined RTR and am new at the hobby, I am having issues with my coral not opening.... Is this creature one of the problems maybe?
 
A friend of mine put me onto Kordon Malachite Green. I usually use that when zoas have that brown film and have not opened in a couple of days. This dip is mainly for fungus etc. After that, if they are still closed I dip them in hydrogen peroxide (about 5 parts water 1 part hydrogen peroxide).
 
In regards to your question this might be due to too many "bugs". Do you have a mandarin or Wrasse? I find either one of those to co-inhabit with reefs just to protect yourself from over population of bugs.
 
You say Bayer.....?

I used 5-6ml per cup of saltwater for 10 minutes and with a pump for flow in the dipping bucket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398824628.317127.jpg
has to be this exact product...you wouldn't believe how good this works ...can do it multiple times with no ill effects to corals
 
Last edited:
I used 5-6ml per cup of saltwater for 10 minutes and with a pump for flow in the dipping bucket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398824628.317127.jpg
has to be this exact product...you wouldn't believe how good this works ...can do it multiple times with no ill effects to corals

Good god, why do you use so much Bauer?! Lol
 
I used 5-6ml per cup of saltwater for 10 minutes and with a pump for flow in the dipping bucket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398824628.317127.jpg
has to be this exact product...you wouldn't believe how good this works ...can do it multiple times with no ill effects to corals

I use the same stuff at about 7-8ml/cup for 10 minutes. Use a turkey baster to blast the crap out of them. Never had an issue...this stuff works! You wouldn't believe the stuff that falls off the frags.
 
I use the same stuff at about 7-8ml/cup for 10 minutes. Use a turkey baster to blast the crap out of them. Never had an issue...this stuff works! You wouldn't believe the stuff that falls off the frags.

I use it for my acros, but 1 ml per cup. And I love your profile pic lol
 
I use Bayer on all New Corals including Zoanthids.

Then I use a High Powered Magnifying Glass with a Light on it to Inspect for Eggs.
 
I use hydrogen peroxide mixed with sw to help rid things of pest and algae. Then i dip in a sw/iodine mix, then into plain sw to rinse off, then back in the tank.

I don't have a ratio as i eyeball the amounts i mix with the sw. I've had alot of success.

I clean all of my frags in my frag tank once every couple months with this method, and i usually see a spike in growth.
 
I use hydrogen peroxide mixed with sw to help rid things of pest and algae. Then i dip in a sw/iodine mix, then into plain sw to rinse off, then back in the tank.

I don't have a ratio as i eyeball the amounts i mix with the sw. I've had alot of success.

I clean all of my frags in my frag tank once every couple months with this method, and i usually see a spike in growth.

You see extra growth after using Peroxide.

I would think it would be the opposite as (for me anyways) Peroxide seems to stress them out.

What dose / time are you using for the dips?
 
I want to thank everyone who has commented on this topic, but I really want to get some feedback on the Zoa Dip idea.

What do you do? If anything at all, there is no shame in saying nothing. I've just recently started to dip myself.
If you are a dipper, than what do you use that my be different from the recipe given above? Or what techniques do you change, remove, or just something you do different.




Any input is better than no input.
I do the same method but just use RO/DI dip for 10 mins
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new