A Reef 2 Reef Spotlight "Tridacna Crocea".

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
I have a Blue maxima that has a spotted pattern. I have been thinking about getting a yellow coris or canary wrasse and was wondering your oppinion on how likely it will be to nip at the clams mantle. Also how do you pronounce crocea?

I keep Coris Wrasses with my clams no prob. LOL my best pronunciation explanation is Crow-s-ea-uh hahahahaha
 
Hey skinz, I've noticed my clams seem to get a little stressed with higher flows. Stressed meaning the clam looks like it is gaping from the inhalant I believe (the valve that is flush with the rest of the clam, not sure if that is correct). Is this common? Its about 35 inches away from the nearest powerhead, so it's
hard to believe its getting too much flow? Any ideas? Also when I turn the flow down (it's a vortech) the gaping stops immediately.

Can you post a pic in a new thread in the clam forum?
 
have you heard of a sailfin tang chewing on a clams mantle...or DID i have the only one ever...100% watched him do it!!! so now he is GONE!!!
 
I have a 20 High that's been up almost 9 months and I'm thinking of getting a clam and sticking it pretty high up in my rockwork.

I have a 4 bulb T5 aquaticlife hood with individual reflectors. Would this be a good one to start with?

My T.Crocea under the same lights for 1+yrs now, 26g. Placed 11" from lights on LR.
pe4a3y5e.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new