A Reef2Reef Spotlight: Regal Angelfish

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the angels I've had, this is my all times favorite and the most challenging angel of all!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 476
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the angels I've had, this is my all times favorite and the most challenging angel of all!

Thanks for sharing with us! :bigsmile:

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10293840_10203900852789210_790013450376094576_o.jpg

Here is mine. Took 36 hours to begin eating, now eats like a pig and competes very well with fish 3 times its size.

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys just been reading and my next fish will be the reagle angle. I have an emperor angle which is nearly an adult had him before he started to change great fish. Would they be ok together

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys just been reading and my next fish will be the reagle angle. I have an emperor angle which is nearly an adult had him before he started to change great fish. Would they be ok together
In my experience no, but that'd my experience. I had a adult regal for years and introduced a emperor that was just a bit larger. The emperor immediately took charge and harassed the regal as well as tangs and a foxface.

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience no, but that'd my experience. I had a adult regal for years and introduced a emperor that was just a bit larger. The emperor immediately took charge and harassed the regal as well as tangs and a foxface.
I have a yellow belly reagle tang and a naso tang and there all ok maybe there be ok don't like to stress my fish out, I have an 700 litre tank I'll keep that in mind with the reagle angle thanks thro

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good info. I just got a 3-4" for my tank. It's still a little stressed but eating well:)

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good info. I just got a 3-4" for my tank. It's still a little stressed but eating well:)
Beautiful fish, he will be ok give him time to settle. I think if you water parameters are ok and there's plenty of hiding places and as you said he's eating. I got two blue stripe gobys three days ago they were a pair in the fish shop when I accimated them they swam opposite sides now there under rocks next too each other when they see each other they play amazing

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great write up! I'm setting up my reefer 525 xl over the next few weeks I'd love a regal some day. Because of the chance of nipping is it better to get my coral grown out over a few years before I add one? Other fish I have and plan on adding. 3 anthias 4 clowns 1 yellow tang 1 Kole eye tang. 3 four stripe damsels 1 Midas blenny 1 six line wrasse.

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on ya new tank, I have a blonde naso,yellow belly reagle , claki clown, cleaner wrasse and a emperor angle which I've just put him in quarantine he has loads of white dots on him which I think my reagle been harassing him, I've had them all for two years now and just up graded to a bigger tank oh I forgot recently got two blue stripe gobys all doing well. I'm gonna hold on for a while for the regal angle just realised I spelt regal wrong lol great hobby.....

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, to you all I Havant been on here for awhile. This morning I had to catch my powder blue to give him a water dip took me an hour to get the bugger lol hoping he will be fine he looks worse

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love regals!

bluetang1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish I'm jealous lol I have an Queen Angel, Blue line Angel,Gold flake Angel, naso tang, blue cheek goby, two cleaner shrimps just starting to feel my tank up

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back