a walt disney or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rando
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
the seller assured me that this is a real walt disney. well, and if not ... it's at least a nice tenuis.
 
yes, and it fits into my collection

5616AF81-16EA-4E9B-934B-056EE99DB54A.jpeg 297ED2F9-172E-4BFB-8F0A-66D75ECF729E.jpeg EBB7782D-98B0-4573-AF29-4A5E2E3D2E91.jpeg
 
I am not sure if it has been said yet, BUT, the Walt Disney is one of the worst SPS corals when it comes to color shifting. If it has been grown under T5's then it will be blue, if under LED's then green. I talked about this with several very respected vendors and they say that it IS the worse at color shifting. My Walt Disney had started to color shift from green to blue because I use a Hybrid setup.
 
I am not sure if it has been said yet, BUT, the Walt Disney is one of the worst SPS corals when it comes to color shifting. If it has been grown under T5's then it will be blue, if under LED's then green. I talked about this with several very respected vendors and they say that it IS the worse at color shifting. My Walt Disney had started to color shift from green to blue because I use a Hybrid setup.
photo? not sure I've seen a primarily blue WD
 
Mine is basically green, but the new growth and tips are turning blue, I currently don't have a photo, a few months ago I went thru a Nitrite spike which harmed several of my SPS corals, surprisingly the Walt Disney didn't care, but as a result I haven't taken any recent pics. The reason I know about the color shift is that I went to a show and a vendor was selling blue SPS frags as Walt Disney's and I was a little skeptical. I mentioned it to LRO and that is when I was informed that the were they worst at color shifting. I have also been told by TSA and a few others that they do color shift. Then seeing it with my own eyes conformed it.

Is color shifting that uncommon? We can look at a SPS dominant tank and how often do we still see acans that were, once, rainbow colored. Then usually turn red in a SPS dominant tank due to the higher par.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new