• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A whole lot of SPS. BC, CC, JF, RMF, etc. + CSB anemones

Item Price
$25 - $1500
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a disclaimer:
I am not sure if this a common practice in the reef livestock buying, but I am getting pushback from Tim to get his phone number. He states he is busy. Personally, I believe reefers should have the ability to contact seller through email and phone number just to protect their interests. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Tim seems like a great guy...

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to share your thoughts on this.

It's important to note that in no retail relationship do you get the personal phone number of the individual selling you the product as a routine. You may get the contact info for a sales individual with whom you have an important, ongoing financial relationship. You may get the personal phone for an attorney you have paid for a retainer. For the most part, you get a business phone or email and normal business hours.

I'll just share some personal experience on this (and as disclaimer I have not bought from Tim, nor do I sell frags myself). I work in medicine, where convention is that you have to go through an answering service to get to me. The answering service will basically tell you that if you need to get to me "so urgently" that you can't wait to go through the normal channels (sometimes a phone call, other times emails through patient portals ), you should call 911 or go to the hospital. I have (previously) given out my personal number in a few select instances, but I no longer do this due to harassment. So my thought here is that a private seller doesn't give out their number so they don't get harassed, and I don't blame them.

While I think that it is important for a large, brick and mortar, professional seller (say BRS, live aquaria) to have customer service hotlines and established hours, I think this is not the case for "reefer-to-reefer" private sales. The customer service hotline also restricts your calls to regular business hours. Nor can you call up that brick and mortar retailer and say something to the effect of "put me on the phone with the CEO." Buying and trading with peers on forums like this offer many advantages which give reefers other options for their purchases, greater selection of products and sellers, and the chance to build meaningful relationships within the community.

My last comment would be that you do not routinely receive the private phone number from an ebay or Etsy seller. Lack of private phone numbers for sales on reef2reef is in keeping with the standard of other online marketplaces.

My guess would be that Tim is, legit, a pretty busy guy, and that he also has good reasons for not sharing his phone number. "I'm a bit busy, please contact me through email" may also be a polite way of saying, "I don't know you well enough for you to have that information." Communicating order information in the written word also establishes clear communication. I also believe that reef2reef members need to be respectful of the limits and privacy set by their peers, even those with whom they've come to a financial agreement.

Happy Reefing

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a disclaimer:
I am not sure if this a common practice in the reef livestock buying, but I am getting pushback from Tim to get his phone number. He states he is busy. Personally, I believe reefers should have the ability to contact seller through email and phone number just to protect their interests. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Why would you need it?

I’ve ordered three times from Tim in the past 3 months, spending beaucoup bucks with him. Almost every single time I’ve pm’ed him he has responded to me within minutes, sometimes the next day but I don’t think having his phone number would accomplish anything other than a means of him NOT responding to you.

I’ve given him my number and offered to chat that way, but he just doesn’t feel the need to. This is his side bae job, so I can see why he wouldn’t.

Tim is a top notch, top shelf hobbyist. Not a commercial business. Have no fear buying from him.

tp5056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a disclaimer:

I don’t believe it’s necessary ... communication via PM should be enough if you’re doing a transaction with another hobbyist and not a business.

If you paid him via PayPal you should’ve gotten his email already.

Sunreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update:
I did receive a response from Tim. Our communication for the past month (prior to the initial post) has been pleasant and respectful.

Thank you for the responses.

I will say that Ebay as an intermediary does offer ways to protect the interests and privacy of BOTH seller and buyer.

Funny to read - new reef words" side bae" and "beaucoup bucks."

Hope all the chatter will buzz in more business and a win-win scenario.

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the responses.

I will say that Ebay as an intermediary does offer ways to protect the interests and privacy of BOTH seller and buyer.

Funny to read - new reef words" side bae" and "beaucoup bucks."

Thanks for the update. Tim’s already popular thread got some free publicity bumps ;)

I think your original point is well taken by all, as in “What are the standards by which we conduct ourselves in peer to peer transactions.”

Let us know how the frags you get from Tim turn out. I’m in the process of planning a purchase and love the shots I’ve seen so far!

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just received my THIRD pack from Tim and it’s what I’d expect from this caliber of a hobbyist/seller. Perfectly packaged and already with crazy PE in my tank. Sadly, this may be my last purchase from Tim for a while as I don’t have anymore room in my 240. But when the time comes and I get bored... god willing... I’m right back at Tim. He’s one of only 2-3 people I will only buy from and for good reason. Everything is healthy AF.
This round I got:

BC BBU
BC Skinny love
Therman’s Yellow tipped shaggy table- I feel it’s underrated.
TKC rainbow fusion
CC green hornet
BC Brain Candy
cc kombucha tenuis
Cc rainbow hyacinthus
BC firecracker table
Bc hyperberry

Probably the best money I’ve spent for such healthy animals. Thanks Tim!!!! I’ll post pics when I can later.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry for any delays in messaging...I was out of town a few times and had some illness in the family. I'll be around for a while now and weather is good for shipping. List should still be current, and adding a couple of new things.

Bugsy_Barboza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@therman I have not forgot about you. I switched my sump to a 75 gallon and just been tweaking and making sure everything is stabilized. My garf bonsai and pc rainbow have exploded. Hope all is well with the illness in the family. My dad was ill for 3 weeks and its grueling working and being at hospital and having my own family. Will talk to you soon thanks again.

nyknicks2544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a shipment - simply amazing! Polyp extension and colors were phenomenal when I got home from work. Shipping was secured in vacuumed sealed bags w/ cups around delicate frags. Communication was excellent and he worked around my schedule (I had to reschedule shipping a number of times due to work and it was never an issue).

I'll be ordering from his collection again (very soon!) lol. Thanks again

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my batch in. These things are now arguably the nicest frags in my tank. And on shipping - this is probably the best packaging of frags I have seen. They were meticulously packaged so as not to become damaged in transit.

111.jpg
My babies all grown up...

IMG-0236.JPG

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Tim,

Any word on when you'll be restocked with Oregon Torts?

Sorry they are still acting finicky for me.

I'm back in town for a while though, and made some updates to the list with a few new additions. Still taking orders while the weather is mild.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back