AB+ or Aquavitro Fuel

chthao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to Reefing. I have a 20 gallon with LPS. I have been reading about AB+ and Aquavitro Fuel. What does everyone recommend or use? I've been reading people dosing less than what the recommended dosage says.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend not worrying about dosing coral food as a beginner. Let your corals start to grow more under just your lights and master your nitrate and phosphate, and maybe after you have stable nitrate and phosphate for several months, you can consider the thought again.

OP
OP
C

chthao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend not worrying about dosing coral food as a beginner. Let your corals start to grow more under just your lights and master your nitrate and phosphate, and maybe after you have stable nitrate and phosphate for several months, you can consider the thought again.
Thanks @MiniReefInABox. I'm in no rush to start dosing anything. im doing a lot of reading still. just wanted to see what people use and why so when the time does come i will be ready.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both and my corals react the same to both. They contribute a lot to high nitrates and phosphates so I would use sparingly. I was using recommended doses before and it caused a massive GHA algae breakout. I am using 4mL once a week in ~70 total gallons of water.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back