Changed from Aquavitro Reef fuel to Seachem Reef plus

OU812Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed from Aquavitro reef fuel to Seachem reef plus I know that there are some differences between the two but not much now my skimmer is acting up just a bit NOT going crazy just a bit any one have any thoughts I still dose the same amount twice a day I noticed now the skimmer has some wet skim almost clear it doesn’t overflow it’s a little less than half of the skimmer cup full and then it’s fine was thinking about reducing the amount I does but my corals are Happy just looking for some ideas

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All other things being equal, You can either adjust the skimmer to produce dryer skimmate or turn off the skimmer when dosing. At least that is how I see it.

Some rambling:

Given the dosing instructions for both products are the same, it sounds like something about the Seachem product makes it more "skimmable"? Assuming this is true the first concern in your case is you are removing more of the product you were hoping to feed than with the previous product. How meaningful of an amount? I don't know. Second concern would be, does this higher propensity for skimming mean it has a higher potential for adding nutrients to the tank? I don't know, but something I would pay attention to as you dose. . .

again that is just some rambling based on assumptions haha

hope that helps!

OP
OP
OU812Reefing

OU812Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All other things being equal, You can either adjust the skimmer to produce dryer skimmate or turn off the skimmer when dosing. At least that is how I see it.

Some rambling:

Given the dosing instructions for both products are the same, it sounds like something about the Seachem product makes it more "skimmable"? Assuming this is true the first concern in your case is you are removing more of the product you were hoping to feed than with the previous product. How meaningful of an amount? I don't know. Second concern would be, does this higher propensity for skimming mean it has a higher potential for adding nutrients to the tank? I don't know, but something I would pay attention to as you dose. . .

again that is just some rambling based on assumptions haha

hope that helps!
Sincerely appreciate your input thank you

Back