Life reef skimmer review

reef’r

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Messages
895
Reaction score
525
Location
reef’d
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a week or so ago I took delivery of my life reef SVS3. I had a long conversation on the phone with Jeff and he recommended adding 3” to the height of my skimmer so mine is 27” tall which I think is a really cool perk. Contact time is very important with a skimmer so if you have the room being able to add extra length to the skimmer body is pretty sweet. Jeff also recommended upping the pump size to a mag12 instead of the standard 9.5 due to the extra height. Another cool feature, you can talk to the guy building the skimmer and he can recommend you things to change for the skimmer to fit your needs and also move with you from one tank to the next. When I originally called and talked to Jeff, he told me to go ahead and fill out the build sheet. I told him I wasn’t quite ready to pull the trigger yet and wanted to try and get my skimmer at the time working, he told me go ahead and fill out the form and he would make the skimmer. When and if I was ready for the skimmer he would have it. After a couple of months, I shot him a message and the skimmer was on the way. I also opted for the 8” cup and when I unboxed everything this skimmer I massive. The cup lid probably weighs at least a pound, the acrylic is super thick. One thing I really liked was the lid comes drilled in the top for easy hookup for recirculating your CO2 skimmer if your running on. I did just that and my scrubber media is lasting way longer than it was before, which is sweet. I fired the skimmer up and within the first few hours it was starting to pull. It took a day or two to get the way I like it between a wet and dry skim but man does this thing pull! It pulls so good my wife knows every time I drain the cup, even when she’s on the other side of the house haha. I know there’s some talk about the noise from the Venturi type skimmers and this one really is not much louder than my previous bubble king, definitely not noticeable. A bit of a short term review, but so far I’m in love with this skimmer and am excited to put it to years of use. And if your in the market I would very highly recommend taking a look into life reef
IMG_9379.jpeg
IMG_9380.jpeg
IMG_9381.jpeg
IMG_9382.jpeg
IMG_9398.jpeg
IMG_9397.jpeg
 
I'm pretty sure either a Lifereef or RK2 is in my future. Thanks for posting this!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new