ABC reagents with reefbot lab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I've tried using the ABC reagents with the ReefBot for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. The results are nearly identical to the Trident and this is perfect as I saved 3 vial positions now for other tests. However, I have a few questions. Firstly, we're given calibration bottles with the reagents for use when the results start to deviate. Does the ReefBot have a similar calibration feature? What should we do if the reagent values aren't accurate? How can we calibrate the ReefBot in such a situation?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Erric, we are glad it is working well with you. It has been added recently and is still in development but results for all users now seem very prominent.

Concerning the calibration; unfortunately, this will not be feasible with the Reefbot for now to calibrate it in case the reagents are not good and give wrong values. We would suggest looking for consistency instead of values when this happens. But we are working on a feature to be introduced soon where the users can give offset values for their values.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I've tried using the ABC reagents with the ReefBot for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. The results are nearly identical to the Trident and this is perfect as I saved 3 vial positions now for other tests. However, I have a few questions. Firstly, we're given calibration bottles with the reagents for use when the results start to deviate. Does the ReefBot have a similar calibration feature? What should we do if the reagent values aren't accurate? How can we calibrate the ReefBot in such a situation?
Mastertronic using same test kits so I presume this could work with it,
just curious which reagent I would need to leave out for the alk test as it uses 2 viles with api

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Mastertronic using same test kits so I presume this could work with it,
just curious which reagent I would need to leave out for the alk test as it uses 2 viles with api
Hello,
API alkalinity uses one reagent only, did you mean salifert?

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
I just thought this might work with mastertronic but I presum it will be down to software.

OP
OP
Erric78

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just thought this might work with mastertronic but I presum it will be down to software.
I'm not sure these are available on MT, these are the chemicals used in the Trident and now on the reefbot, it's good for people who want to switch but are used to the ABC's numbers

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks the alk works but reads high so used baseline adjustment

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you know if Salifert alk #'s are close with with the Hanna alk tester #' s?

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn, but I'm the one that brought the ABC Reagents to Hady @ RK's attention. Being that they were the same 3 liquid reagents the Trident uses it seemed like a no brainer that could drive business from Trident users who want to test more parameters while still getting the same results from their 3 trident reagents. Hady was very receptive and got this done very quickly. This speaks volumes to @Reef Kinetics as a company in general. They are very receptive to suggestions, critics and bug reports and are always working to make the experience better and more reliable for the users. Once we are able to manually calibrate stuff this device it going to be the best testing unit on the market.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
This speaks volumes to @Reef Kinetics as a company in general. They are very receptive to suggestions, critics and bug reports and are always working to make the experience better and more reliable for the users. Once we are able to manually calibrate stuff this device it going to be the best testing unit on the market.
Thank you, Andy, for your feedback! We always aim to meet the needs of our users and clients and provide the best possible service. We highly appreciate those who recommend and leave suggestions to help us improve Reef Kinetics' products and services like yourself!

Brett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a question using the ABC reagents. I recently started using a Reefbot Lab V2 (never owned a Trident) and I'd like to try using the Trident ABC reagents. But the reef bot Lab doesn't indicate which reagent is used for Ca (B or C) and for Mg (B or C). Both Trident B & C bottles states "Ca/Mg". So which bottle is Ca and which is Mg? Or does it even matter?

Side note, so far I am pleased with the Reefbot Lab results, but it's only been two weeks.

Thanks.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a question using the ABC reagents. I recently started using a Reefbot Lab V2 (never owned a Trident) and I'd like to try using the Trident ABC reagents. But the reef bot Lab doesn't indicate which reagent is used for Ca (B or C) and for Mg (B or C). Both Trident B & C bottles states "Ca/Mg". So which bottle is Ca and which is Mg? Or does it even matter?

Side note, so far I am pleased with the Reefbot Lab results, but it's only been two weeks.

Thanks.
I just did A for Alk, B for Calc and C for Mag. @Reef Kinetics is that correct??

Brett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I checked with Hady, and yes that is correct.

My Ca results are solid so far, but Mg results are all over the place. from 700 to 1700+. Actual is around 1370. So not sure what is going on with the Mg using ABC reagents. I have yet to try the Alk.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back