Aberrant or Stressed Zebrasoma Tang?

CoralsAddiction

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
538
Location
Los Angeles/Tahoe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an aberrant tang or just a stressed scopas tang?
hDtq09s.jpg

6ASUyhg.jpg
 
I think it's hard to qualify a scopas as an aberrant, since they are so variable. I have seen some that are yellow, or even "koi" colored.

I agree that it's really skinny. The sunken forehead is really concerning. Someone needs to get that fish on an all-you-can-eat Mysis an nori program, STAT.
 

Yup, no surprises that a super stressed Tang came from Petco. They probably kill more marine fish than anyone else in the industry. I agree that a QT with nori/seaweed and a mixed diet like LRS Reef Frenzy would be greatly beneficial. You may need to do a drop of garlic in the food to induce feeding if it's that far gone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new