Abe’s Red Sea max-s500 build

marine2463

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
252
Reaction score
187
Location
West Palm Beach,FL.
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0298.JPG




Just received the tank today [emoji16]I’m so excited
Taking everything out of the box now
I have to take down my old tank. I’m going to put most of my live rock in bins
I have to set up my old Nuvo 20 gallon and put all my fish corals and clean up crew in there during the build
6 inch hippo tang in a twenty gallon hahaha call the tang police [emoji601]
Well let me get to work I have a long road ahead
I’ll keep you guys posted on the build
any tips you guys have for my build feel free to let me know
 
You will love it! RSR Products are great IMO. Assembly instructions aren't the best, but you can work through it. I have assembled three of them now, mine and helping @4FordFamily with his! Look forward to following the build!
 
Following along with your build here as well!

I have the 2016 Max S 650 which is basically the same but a bit bigger so if you need any help just ask.

It’s worth watching the build videos on the Red Sea site if you haven’t already they are very useful.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
 
Following along with your build here as well!

I have the 2016 Max S 650 which is basically the same but a bit bigger so if you need any help just ask.

It’s worth watching the build videos on the Red Sea site if you haven’t already they are very useful.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

Thanks !!!!
Yeah I watched the Red Sea build on you tube , helped me a lot.
How did you like the skimmer that comes with it (c-skim) ? I seen vids on it and looks pretty nice with the self washing neck
 
Thanks !!!!
Yeah I watched the Red Sea build on you tube , helped me a lot.
How did you like the skimmer that comes with it (c-skim) ? I seen vids on it and looks pretty nice with the self washing neck

I also have a Red Sea Max 650. I just replaced my c skim a little less than a week ago and couldn’t be happier. It was very finicky and could never get it perfect. Good luck I’ll be following along.
 
Thanks !!!!
Yeah I watched the Red Sea build on you tube , helped me a lot.
How did you like the skimmer that comes with it (c-skim) ? I seen vids on it and looks pretty nice with the self washing neck
The C Skim works so I’m not going to say bad things and I ran mine for around 12 months before finally changing to a NYOS Quantum 160, which is silent.

There is no comparison in performance and ease of use, but I would use it, get to know it and as you advance see how you go. And then change it ! Lol

When you connect up the Skim with the green hose, turn the red valve that feeds it to around 1/3 open to start (Not full open like I and a lot do) and then adjust the in flow from there to balance it all.
 
The C Skim works so I’m not going to say bad things and I ran mine for around 12 months before finally changing to a NYOS Quantum 160, which is silent.

There is no comparison in performance and ease of use, but I would use it, get to know it and as you advance see how you go. And then change it ! Lol

When you connect up the Skim with the green hose, turn the red valve that feeds it to around 1/3 open to start (Not full open like I and a lot do) and then adjust the in flow from there to balance it all.

Thanks I will definitely keep that in mind
 
Sorry guys been really this week here are some more pics of the build
ff890d0721d3fe6ca853e3b7691bbe73.jpg


This is my old tank that I tore down for the new one

a567e18c3a6ee0568a0d70a3e4ed0787.jpg


I place everything in bucket while I finished the build
53f585e98d4dc608ce2b4514fb5015a1.jpg


Here is the new tank going up
1df68b4ec7c29a5c4d85911787d79770.jpg


When Red Sea says four people for the lift they are not lying ... me and a friend carried it and we where hurting for certain lol very heavy tank

4e514f9f93d5250c3ff677fa5fbeb3c5.jpg

I added the probe cradle from innovative marine
I love it very nicely built and strong magnet I’m very happy with it so far [emoji16]


Filling up took for ever I think the system is 160 gallons total volume
15b2d9b38bccc96aded4482f5c6e1064.jpg


I had two hydra 26 from my old tank so I added and extra one to my new build [emoji16]

I love this Red Sea tank it’s the best tank I have ever owned. Everything from the perfect silicone to the stand everything looks great and strong
 
I will say I wish they would have added some ventilation to the stand or,a hole to mount a fan for the sump area
 
I also bought the new apex for
It which I mounted inside the cabinet

6fa4fc8bbc36cd111c2a799dee48d299.jpg


I know the wires are a mess that will be next weeks project lol [emoji23]
 
I love this Red Sea tank it’s the best tank I have ever owned. Everything from the perfect silicone to the stand everything looks great and strong

Congratulations. It is a beautiful tank, looking forward to more pictures. This will be a great build thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new