Abingdon va

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I'm a newbie to the reef aquariums and dying to get started are their any local people or places around my area I live in abingdon va

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly but surely progressing. Last weekend I got my rodi unit hung in the laundry room downstairs. I got the bulk reef supply 150 GPd unit. Seems like it's built real well. As far as equipment I got the reef octopus int 150skimmer supposed to turnover 210gph along with a eheim compact plus return pump. Ordered a 75 gallon reef ready tank but may up that to a 90 gallon. And I think I'm gonna just buy a trigger systems sump. More than likely for price poin be going with either reef breeder or two ocean revive led lights. Not bad alittle further along than I'd thought I'd be. My goal is to be up and cycling by fall I'm gonna take my time get everything I want and need before starting anything.

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I'm a newbie to the reef aquariums and dying to get started are their any local people or places around my area I live in abingdon va
Are you still reeling? I am in Abingdon, va as well. Just started seven months ago.

Shine5555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just re-entering the Reef Side. I am just playing with a Fluval EVO 13.5 gallon tank now.

Where do you go to get any corals/fish/anything? Between all my fresh water tanks, and now the reef stuff, I am ready to start an Aquarium store. I wonder how many are around this area ?

What do you keep?

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two stores in Kingsport. I like Sea Oddities. I have the Red Sea Reefer 250 65 total gallons with sump.

Last edited:

SW VA/NE TN Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello, we are in the planning stage of setting a date for our event! Our goal date will be March 3rd, or an alternate date of May 26th. The Southwest Virginia / Northeast Tennessee Reef Expo. You can check out our events page at www.appalachianreefing.com we are still editing our page so please bare with us as we get everything set up. We are also looking for vendors, and raffle donations which you can sign up for on our site as well! So please check it out and let us know what you think!

Shine5555

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I can do some donations and would Love to attend. Heading to the website now :)

SW VA/NE TN Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have set the date! April 28th, 2018. For event information, to see a vendors list, tickets, and any other information you may need head on over to our site at www.appalachianreefing.com and surf the site! We look forward to seeing you!

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I just realized I missed all these posts. I’m still into the hobby actually bigger than ever. My tank just turned 3 years and growing like crazy. Hate I missed tha expo I wouldve went. Seems like a couple on here from my area. If y’all dont know knoxville has some awesome reef stores. Jks aquatics, the aquarium knoxville , and aquatic marine.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back