About fluval flex 32.5 gal

Lazyking777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a peacock mantis shrimp and don't want an acrylic tank so I want to get a tank that has thicker glass of 1/4". Does anyone know if fluval flex 32gal glass is 1/4"?. Also I have a second biocube 32gal tank stand. If I change the top of the stand to fit the Fluval flex length, would it hold the weight?

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a previous owner of a 32 gal fluval flex, I'm not sure I would trust it. In addition to that, the curved front face distorts the view of the tank, and may make viewing difficult if the mantis is hiding or otherwise not able to be seen from straight through the front of the glass.

I would assume as long as the tank was of the same weight and dimensions that the old stand would work - as long as it fully supports the base of the new tank.

OP
OP
L

Lazyking777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a previous owner of a 32 gal fluval flex, I'm not sure I would trust it. In addition to that, the curved front face distorts the view of the tank, and may make viewing difficult if the mantis is hiding or otherwise not able to be seen from straight through the front of the glass.

I would assume as long as the tank was of the same weight and dimensions that the old stand would work - as long as it fully supports the base of the new tank.
You don't trust it in terms of the glass strength? And I actually don't mind the curved front face. I just can't kind any other all in one aquariums that is 20gal - 30gal (long) also that seems to have thicker glass

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back