About to Apex--please confirm I'm ordering what I need.

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main concerns are temperature stability and dosing control. I've suffered previous issues with a dosing pump left on (twice) and with a heater failing in the "on" position. While I was able to catch both issues before a complete crash, I did suffer losses. Plus, I'd love to get finer temperature control and balance out my dosing schedule to flatten pH fluctuations. I like the remote monitoring and adjustability as well. Right now I have 6 digital lamp timers which are a pain to make dosing adjustments on and they take up more space than an Apex.

4 BRS dosing pumps. (Calcium, Alk, Mag, Acetate).
2 Ebo-Jager 200W disposable heaters.
2 channel ATI T5

I have a Tunze Osmolator and a brace of MP40s--I'm happy with the autonomy of these devices and these are not a priority to add on to the Apex just yet.

I looks like I'll want an Apex with lab grade pH probe and an extra Energy Bar 8, correct?

Ghidellas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would say that's what you're looking for everything can be added afterwards anyway. Pretty much plan on getting hooked and wanting to control your entire tank on the Apex cause it's awesome. Something to consider is to move your dosing over to a different dosing pump. I have both my tanks hooked up to these jb4 s and I love them. Super easy to program very durable and accurate.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014K...1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=dosing+pump

This would save you for the time being buying the extra Eb8. Plus you could sell your 1.1brs pumps and use that $ towards some extra Apex modules later. You ll end up wanting a break out box etc. What kind of lighting are you running?

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say that's what you're looking for everything can be added afterwards anyway. Pretty much plan on getting hooked and wanting to control your entire tank on the Apex cause it's awesome. Something to consider is to move your dosing over to a different dosing pump. I have both my tanks hooked up to these jb4 s and I love them. Super easy to program very durable and accurate.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014K...1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=dosing+pump

This would save you for the time being buying the extra Eb8. Plus you could sell your 1.1brs pumps and use that $ towards some extra Apex modules later. You ll end up wanting a break out box etc. What kind of lighting are you running?

Is the DP-4 able to be controlled by the Apex?

Ghidellas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is the DP-4 able to be controlled by the Apex?
Well I just use the built in controller on the unit. Super easy to use and adjust. I have it plugged into my apex and programmed to shut the whole unit down if ph goes out of my set range.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back