ABS DWV Pipe in aquascape

  • Thread starter Thread starter DylanE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DylanE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2018
Messages
448
Reaction score
708
Location
West coast
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm putting together plans for a 300g reef that I'd like to include an eel in. I'm hoping to hide some pipe in the aquascape to keep the guy happy. Any reason I can't use ABS DMV piping from lowe's ( https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charlotte-Pipe-3-in-x-10-ft-ABS-DWV-Pipe/1000493205 )? I feel the black color would make it much easier to conceal. It's graded for draining/venting since it's not pressure rated, but it's also not rated for potable water, which is why I'm not sure it'll be fine.
 
1728574414463.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new