Abyzz A200 Questions

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, despite the ridiculous cost, I may end up buying this pump, as I need the high head loss, and more importantly, need something quiet. I do have a few questions, I was hoping someone could answer.

(1) Do I need metric fittings that convert to standard? (My plumbing from the basement up to my Waterbox 7226 will be 1" or 1.25" then metric again to connect to the Waterbox plumbing) I would just go all metric for the drain and return, but I need a decent amount of pipe, and can't find anything metric beyond 4' max

(2) Do I glue the fittings on, or are there male/female connections?

(3) Other than CoralVue, can is there another source for metric-to-standard fittings? CoralVue's website doesn't seem to let me add the parts into my cart. :(

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Bill

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biggestfish might be able to help you out here. He just snagged an A400. I know when they first became available in North America you needed to purchase the adapters but that was a while ago now...

As for Pipe, Insanely expensive but FlexPVC.com has up to 6' pieces available here....

And adapters available here...

Last edited:

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve had mine for about a month. I absolutely love it. Dead silent and more flow than you’ll need. Easy adjustment of flow by the press of a button. It comes with a metric to standard pipe fitting. You do glue it on the pump. I called BRS and asked before I did. Also glue a union on for easy maintenance. I was a little nervous gluing anything on a expensive pump. But it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made. My lights are out in the basement were my sump is along with multiple tanks..lol. I can put some additional pics up tomorrow if you’d like. This was just after I glued it together. Any questions just ask.
B044960D-5204-4900-9F82-9923D1AA58C3.jpeg

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine (2 yrs ago) it came with metric to US adaptors, changed the inlet to 2" and the outlet to 1.5". You had to glue those on the ABS body of the pump

Untitled by Peter Young, on Flickr

by Peter Young, on Flickr

That would give you the OD of the pipe (1.5" for the outlet). Then you can glue a union there.

And if you want to get crazy you can plump 1.5" high pressure silicone tubing to the sump bulkhead with 316SS fittings for silent operation.

1.5" silicone was really hard to find, had to order from Abyzz in Germany along with those fittings.

EDIT: it's important to know that the Abyzz body is ABS while fittings are PVC. I used Oatey All purpose cement to glue the adapter to the pump body. Don't put PVC primer on the ABS body!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine (2 yrs ago) it came with metric to US adaptors, changed the inlet to 2" and the outlet to 1.5". You had to glue those on the ABS body of the pump

Thanks, this is very helpful!

by Peter Young, on Flickr

That would give you the OD of the pipe (1.5" for the outlet). Then you can glue a union there.

And if you want to get crazy you can plump 1.5" high pressure silicone tubing to the sump bulkhead with 316SS fittings for silent operation.

1.5" silicone was really hard to find, had to order from Abyzz in Germany along with those fittings.

EDIT: it's important to know that the Abyzz body is ABS while fittings are PVC. I used Oatey All purpose cement to glue the adapter to the pump body. Don't put PVC primer on the ABS body!!

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A200 that CoarlVue has in the outlet section is intriguing, but it specifically states its only a 1 year warranty. :(

Bummer, as I would have bought it, but it's an expensive purchase to forgo the 10 year warranty.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The A200 that CoarlVue has in the outlet section is intriguing, but it specifically states its only a 1 year warranty. :(

Bummer, as I would have bought it, but it's an expensive purchase to forgo the 10 year warranty.

I bought one from BRS exactly a year ago for that same amount. 4th of July sale.

For 10 y.r. warranty I had to mail paperwork to germany. Not sure what the 4th of July specials were this year.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To confirm for those who asked, yes the pump comes with metric to imperial adapters. All normal PVC from then on.

in other words....There is NO need for metric adapters, fittings, pipes, etc outside those already bundled with the pump.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To confirm for those who asked, yes the pump comes with metric to imperial adapters. All normal PVC from then on.

in other words....There is NO need for metric adapters, fittings, pipes, etc outside those already bundled with the pump.

Thank you!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, don't be worried about gluing the adapter on. If you need to change it or sell it, you can purchase a new volute from Coral Vue (I unfortunately know this because I broke mine on one of my A100's by accident :) ). I run 3 A100's and an A200 on my systems, and I love them!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back