Abyzz A400 Driver Issue

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,759
Reaction score
2,778
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My driver simply stopped working 22 months in. It is not the fuses. And, it is not an error code. When I plug it in it doesn’t power up.

Is there anyone who works on these?
 
My driver simply stopped working 22 months in. It is not the fuses. And, it is not an error code. When I plug it in it doesn’t power up.

Is there anyone who works on these?

Have you submitted a ticket? Do that then send Abyzz an email via their portal with the ticket number and I am sure you will get a reply.
 
@areefer01, here's a story. I once sold someone a powerhead back when they first came out and were really expensive. A few months later he told me "it came apart when I cleaned it so I threw it in the garbage." After I cleaned my pants, I asked if he knew they came apart for cleaning, or about the warranty or tried calling the company (or our shop) to ask about it. Nope, nope and nope. 🤷‍♂️
 
@areefer01 @mcarroll -
This is where Abyzz is not so great. But I am about to find out. I purchased this from my neighbor a block away. It was 2 months old, I have the receipt. But, their warranties are not transferable, unless something has changed. They will not work with me. So, I was hopeful that there is someone well know that can service the drivers. I’m having a rough reefing spell lately…
 
Worth a shot if you have the actual receipt and know the name of the person of who sold. Would just play it off like your there tank maintainer and are handling the warrantee because they are too lazy to do it them self. Then request it ship to you. Did some thing similar for a buddy with aqua uv. Though I in stalled it back on his tank but they sent the actual product to me.
 
@areefer01 @mcarroll -
This is where Abyzz is not so great. But I am about to find out. I purchased this from my neighbor a block away. It was 2 months old, I have the receipt. But, their warranties are not transferable, unless something has changed. They will not work with me. So, I was hopeful that there is someone well know that can service the drivers. I’m having a rough reefing spell lately…

Please do not take this the wrong way as I do not mean it disrespectful but your opening post did not say anything about buying used, the details above, and only that it stopped working 22 months in. I would still contact CoralVue and Abyzz in parallel. Yes, it is documented but who knows.

If worse comes to worse have your neighbor run the ticket for you. Unless that is not an option.

Note - I understand it is somewhat easy for me to armchair this. I do not mean to belittle the issue and/or concern.
 
Please do not take this the wrong way as I do not mean it disrespectful but your opening post did not say anything about buying used, the details above, and only that it stopped working 22 months in. I would still contact CoralVue and Abyzz in parallel. Yes, it is documented but who knows.

If worse comes to worse have your neighbor run the ticket for you. Unless that is not an option.

Note - I understand it is somewhat easy for me to armchair this. I do not mean to belittle the issue and/or concern.

I hear you. But I was very specific in my opening comments with my question. Abyzz are only worth the money if purchased new. I helped a neighbor out who needed to sell it as his wife was not going to have it if she found out how much it was. I got a great price break. Like 35% off. But, my problem is, I didn’t think about transferability. That’s on me. Now back to my original question -

Does anyone know of anyone who works on these drivers? I’m going to reach out to Reef Fix and see what he says. I think that is his name. This is so dang odd. I even had a fan on the driver to keep the temps cool as I ran it 100%/25% with 100% boost for like 3-3.5 minutes.
 
@areefer01 @mcarroll -
This is where Abyzz is not so great. But I am about to find out. I purchased this from my neighbor a block away. It was 2 months old, I have the receipt. But, their warranties are not transferable, unless something has changed. They will not work with me. So, I was hopeful that there is someone well know that can service the drivers. I’m having a rough reefing spell lately…
Hopefully the original owner ate the depreciation on it then. In that case maybe no big deal however it turns out. If they don't wanna help just get a new pump and you have permission to talk smack about their warranty policy for the rest of the life of this tank. ;)

I agree it's still worth asking though....let them actually be ****'s about it; don't just assume they will be.

** Any idea if the original owner ever experienced issues with the pump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new