Abyzz pump sizing question

asr3510

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
63
Location
Miami Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently running 2 iwaki 100 DC return pumps on my 480 gallon system that I recently setup. The pumps have great power and generate great flow but are very loud and the humming is really bothering me. I used various isolation pads and other techniques to mitigate vibration and noise. I’ll post some photos

At this point I’m fed up and want to upgrade to the Abyzz pumps and need help sizing, I have a lot of 90 degree turn but height isn’t an issue. Do I need the a200 or a400 size and do I need the IPU upgraded controller for my setup looking for some help TYIA



IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg
 
Reach out to Abyzz directly and make sure you talk about the plumbing size along the whole path, start to end. Reach them via their web portal and they will get back to you. I've exchanged emails with them several times and not a customer. Just inquiring as you are here.

Hard to talk about the noise and humming but I would look at that first before dropping the money for Abyzz. Not because of the price but rather re-doing all of that plumbing. I do not know what size lines you have but the intake on the Abyzz I believe is 2" and the outlet is 1.5". I would go 2" on the outlet for optimum performance.

Thus reaching out to check inlet and outlet size and similar information.
 
100% agreed with @areefer01

I’ve had extensive contact with Abyzz when I was considering their pumps for my system.

Based on my requirements they configured their testing rig to determine the most energy efficient pump size for my set up.

I bought my pumps second hand. They helped me in that proces by checking serial numbers for past repairs, warranty claims and what to expect in terms of normal wear and likely refurbishment costs.

Their service is excellent!
 
building my 560, redundancy became more important to me. I was going to go with a normal non upgraded ipu a400. But, if the pump died, I'm cooked. So I've since decided to move to 2x VarioS 10's to save on cost while maintaining the turnover I need. That said, if I wanted to spend extra on the abyzz brand, I'd buy two a200's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new