• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Abyzz USA Customer Support.... : (

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
It is a sad experience to feel the need to post this review, but it needs to be posted for fellow reefers.
Told Abyzz Germany that this review was going to be written.

When I bought my Abyzz A100 I used the Abyzz America registration web link.

Since that time Abyzz Germany shut down Jeff and Abyzz America for another company to perform their USA warranty and service support.
I've known Jeff since 2012 when he owned Reef Dynamics and talked to him on occasion while he ran Abyzz America. Jeff would have never treated a single customer in the manner listed below.

This past summer, while watching our local Saturday evening news my downpipes started to make a loud sound. Got up and looked in the sump to see what was going on. The A100 had shut off and had to make a quick swap out to the old main return pump. Both pumps have always ran on a dedicated Apex switch. Plugged the old main return back in and it's still running to this day. When things calmed down looked into the A100's controller. The led light or screen would not come on. Unbolted the driver from its mounting spot and tested again with a kitchen plug, with no change.

Manual stated to contact customer support, then found out Abyzz America was closed for customer support and Abyzz Germany uses CoralVue to distribute and do Abyzz Germany's customer warranty support.

I was angry at CoralVue and Abyzz Germany for having me flip the return shipping. If your Abyzz was abused then they could withhold returning your setup until you repaid the shipping cost.

So, If my A100 is still on CoralVue's floor on Nov the 17th they will have had my A100 for... 1/4 of one year.

Abyzz Germany has tried to help, but no one tells (influences) CoralVue on how they are going to run their show.

My last email from CoralVue was asking what I sent in??? I told them it was the entire setup in the original box like they told me to ship.
Guess at that time they had lost track of something with the A100's total setup???

Yes,
The shipping was tracked right into one of CoralVues employees' hands and the box was confirmed that all was there.
He told me a month later that it was the driver, evidently, he left, and CoralVue never took the time to let me know what was going on, even though they still had an open ticket. Emailed back one month later with no response. That's when Abyzz Germany was contacted, but CoralVue still has the A100.

Can fully understand why Abyzz Germany would want CoralVue to distribute, but not shutting down Abyzz America for USA support.

IMO..
Whether Abyzz Germany likes it or not, this does reflect on Abyzz Germany's commitment to current customers and future customers inside the USA.

Per other CoralVue feedbacks:
CoralVue has had a long-standing and habitual track record for terrible and unresponsive customer contact, in regards to warranty support.

If you're considering buying an Abyzz in the USA and Abyzz America does not reopen, then you could wind up in the same situation.

Some overseas companies that have kept their direct USA customer support footprint
Tunze, Royal Exclusiv, Red Sea USA, ATI North America, Deltec USA, GHL... Tropic Marin

"About Abyzz

Our company is located in the residential town of Rastede in the direct vicinity of the Lower Saxony university town of Oldenburg.
A main focus is on pond and aquarium technology. The product series Abyzz consists of high quality, seawater suitable aquaristic products, which are exclusively produced in Germany and marketed worldwide. It was developed to meet the highest demands in the areas of seawater aquaristics, ornamental ponds and aquaculture.

Special attention has been paid to the use of high quality materials to ensure the longevity and efficiency of the product series. We buy our raw materials from German suppliers, this way we always have direct contact and can guarantee optimal quality.

Our goal is to offer high quality products and excellent customer service.
This is our understanding of
„Made in Germany“! "

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back