AC problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lacieja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lacieja

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is kinda off subject but has anyone had issues with the home AC inside unit rusting? We have had it 2 times since I started with saltwater aquarium and I believe it is because of my tank. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?
 
This is kinda off subject but has anyone had issues with the home AC inside unit rusting? We have had it 2 times since I started with saltwater aquarium and I believe it is because of my tank. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?
Seems odd unless you have serious evap and there is a air return vent near your tank. Remember the salt won't evap so its not that causeing issues. Also, air conditioning causes a lot of moisture in the HVAC system too so I'm not sure how your tank alone would be the issue.
 
This is kinda off subject but has anyone had issues with the home AC inside unit rusting? We have had it 2 times since I started with saltwater aquarium and I believe it is because of my tank. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?
I'm an HVAC technician. I see units rusted out on the inside all the time. It gets cold in there and condensates. Water and metal = rust over time. And like another commenter said the salt don't evaporate with the water. So I would say it's just a normal occurrence and nothing or very little to do with your tank.
 
Dsw above beat me too it but short answer is salt doesn't evaporate out of your tanks. And, you're not on the beach experiencing salt spray in your home, at least I hope not 🤣

Good luck with your AC issues!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new