Acan coral turning orange and green

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue/red acan that’s slowly morphing into an orange/green/rainbow color. Is this normal? I kinda preferred the red and blue. Any way I can get it to return to normal colors?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue/red acan that’s slowly morphing into an orange/green/rainbow color. Is this normal? I kinda preferred the red and blue. Any way I can get it to return to normal colors?
Colors can change with diet and lighting conditions. You can try moving it to a different light level and see how it responds. I have an acan that also has a couple of greener heads, but the rest remained their original color.

GCL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some that started out rainbow and turned orange. I wish I could turn them back

EFlop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some that started out rainbow and turned orange. I wish I could turn them back
Colors can change with diet and lighting conditions. You can try moving it to a different light level and see how it responds. I have an acan that also has a couple of greener heads, but the rest remained their original color.
What do you feed yours?

GCL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a ton of stuff. Powdered and frozen. Probably powered once a week and a mix of powdered and meaty once a week

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has since changed to a green and blue color. Really the color is dependent on which lights are on. Under the white lights its a blue and purple color but under the blues it glows an orange rainbow. It has changed colors like 3 times since I bought it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back