Acan Feeding

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabelex14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabelex14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
96
Reaction score
49
Location
Mansfield
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Acan with two heads on it. I've been feeding it frozen shrimp brine but I'm curious what everyone else is feeding and how often. I'm doing it once a week usually and am seeing good color and the second head is growing nicely.
 
I've had a 2 headed acan for about 3 years, it finally split and I now have 3, so much time for just one polyp lol. I don't feed mine though, maybe thats why its so slow for me
 
I have two that i bought with three heads each, after almost a year they both have 4 new heads, theres a lot of macroalgae and i feed heavy, different mysis shrimp blends and reef roids. They're doing great minus the anemone that's pretty much up against them at the moment

Edit: sorry i feed them every other day by spot feeding
 
I've heard a lot of great things about reef roids, I'm not having any issues with elevated phosphate so I think I might start broadcast dosing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new