Acan identification

Otopharynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R i just recently got a few acans at a pretty good price(i think) and out of excitement getting new coral i forgot to ask what kind and if they are lords or the stinging ones. I'd like to know what they are and how to identify them for future reference

20191113_120638.jpg Screenshot_2019-11-13-12-05-50.png

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely look like acan lords to me which I believe have recently been reclassified as micromussa. (Most people still call them acans though.) Lords can be aggressive towards other corals, not quite as bad as acan echinatas, but they still need some buffer room. However, acan lords are able to be placed with other lords without issue so those two should be able to be placed right next to each other without fighting (assuming they are both lords).

OP
OP
Otopharynx

Otopharynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely look like acan lords to me which I believe have recently been reclassified as micromussa. (Most people still call them acans though.) Lords can be aggressive towards other corals, not quite as bad as acan echinatas, but they still need some buffer room. However, acan lords are able to be placed with other lords without issue so those two should be able to be placed right next to each other without fighting (assuming they are both lords).
Awesome thank you

Back