Acan lord or Echinata?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Glacern
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Glacern

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
24
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the blurry pic I need help on this ID.
20260225_194756_C20BF0AA-2F87-46EA-AE0C-5AD043E5708D.png

20260225_194756_4F851EFF-A4B3-4402-A881-850EBBC937A7.png
 
Sorry for the blurry pic I need help on this ID.
20260225_194756_C20BF0AA-2F87-46EA-AE0C-5AD043E5708D.png

20260225_194756_4F851EFF-A4B3-4402-A881-850EBBC937A7.png
I can tell you with absolute certainty that that is a coral.

In all seriousness. I don't think its a lord.
Looks more echinata to my untrained eye.
 
Micromussa sp., formerly Acanthstrea

I can tell you with absolute certainty that that is a coral.

In all seriousness. I don't think its a lord.
Looks more echinata to my untrained eye.
not echinata, no concentric wrinkles, also note coenosarc forming lip over theca, characteristic of Micromussa

Bowerbanki? Beautiful coral.
not bowerbanki, note coenosarc lip as mentioned above
 
Micromussa sp., formerly Acanthstrea


not echinata, no concentric wrinkles, also note coenosarc forming lip over theca, characteristic of Micromussa


not bowerbanki, note coenosarc lip as mentioned above
Well I am glad a clearly trained eye tuned in! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new