Acan or Favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter grock98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Heres a picture
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
My bad hes on the ground as i just got him letting acclimate to tank then gunna move him! Heres another pic hope its better
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
This looks more like a favia to me. I don't believe acans have those curves in the polyps, instead it's just an oval/circle shape.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's either an acan or a favia....

Acans polyps tend to be round. Favia can be oddly shaped, but that looks fluffier than most favia/favites I've seen. Honestly it looks like a lobo or some other brain coral.

I am not enough of an expert to tell you what it for sure is, but I don't think either favia or acan.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's either an acan or a favia....

Acans polyps tend to be round. Favia can be oddly shaped, but that looks fluffier than most favia/favites I've seen. Honestly it looks like a lobo or some other brain coral.

I am not enough of an expert to tell you what it for sure is, but I don't think either favia or acan.
Good point. Trachys tend to have that striped look
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's either an acan or a favia....

Acans polyps tend to be round. Favia can be oddly shaped, but that looks fluffier than most favia/favites I've seen. Honestly it looks like a lobo or some other brain coral.

I am not enough of an expert to tell you what it for sure is, but I don't think either favia or acan.
good point looks more like a lobo now that you say that!
 
Upvote 0
Favia was reclassified to be limited to the West-Atlantic around 2011 (there are no CITES permits issued for corals in the West-Atlantic, so they can't be collected). Most Indo-Pacific Favia were moved to Dipsastraea since then.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new