Acan question

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother n law has a acan and somehow a little piece fell off and I mean little maybe 4mmx4mm lol i told him id glue it to a frag disc and see if it will grow the piece is still alive bc I can see the bright green still but its very small and doubt it has a mouth.

My question is if you think there is any chance what so ever that this tiny fragment could possibly grow? My tank has a very good track record for "reviving" other peoples corals lol. So let me know what you think, getting a pic is out of the question it is extremely small and I dont think any cameras I know of would be able to get it.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could grow for sure..

+1

I have had a fraction of a fraction of an acan frag heal and grow back. I had a similar thread a while back. I gave that acan frag to a friend an it now has 7 heads. The worst case scenario is that you have have to scrape a skeleton off of a frag plug. Take a pic and keep us posted.

OP
OP
jordan3548

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K thanks guys this gives me a little hope lol. Ill update with pics as soon as theres something to take a pic of lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back