Acan receding

  • Thread starter Thread starter codenfx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

codenfx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2021
Messages
295
Reaction score
251
Location
Alhambra
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this rainbow acan for about two months now and it was doing fine until 3 days ago it started receding. I’ve noticed there’s 2 new heads growing, could this be the cause? I don’t see any pest on it but I could be wrong. Here’s a before and after pic, you can see the frag plug for reference.

IMG_0907.jpeg IMG_1258.png IMG_1256.jpeg
 
Looks good. Could be from new heads growing and it’s making room.
No need to worry unless you see the polyp detached from the skeleton
Yeah the polyp looks healthy and not detached. It does look like it’s making room for the new heads. Hopefully it bounces back.
 
I'd bet you're gonna see a ring of new polyps not too long from now. Nice piece!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new