Acans no longer puffing up

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
395
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

going on 3 months of move from 20 gallon to 45 gallon. My acans were fat at puffy until the other day. Only thing that really changed was I’m using Red Sea salt and i put up new powerheads. I run t5 hybrid 2 blues 2 actinic with 2 aquaknight leds at 100% blue. Tank is tall 45gallon.


Parameters are below

403BB715-3766-42EA-A848-546014D1C337.png

Here are acans.
2F62A1A5-A6B9-46E9-B8B8-BFD143F8326C.jpeg


Here are my hammers and frog at the same time looking puffy and huge.
AA729AEC-9F0E-44AD-B7A4-C762E4C95839.jpeg

Any other information I can provide?
Thanks all
 
How did you change over to your new salt?
 
Which happened the other day(or right around there)--the new powerheads or the salt. I'm assuming you had a tank full of water made with one kind of salt, ran out and are now doing water changes with the new salt.
 
i believe if it was a partial water change multiple times over a span of a couple of weeks you'd be safe of any acclimation issues but if it was a more than 10-20% id check your calcium/magnesium/ph etc levels to rule out any water quality concerns
 
i believe if it was a partial water change multiple times over a span of a couple of weeks you'd be safe of any acclimation issues but if it was a more than 10-20% id check your calcium/magnesium/ph etc levels to rule out any water quality concerns
and by partial i mean some old salt some new while slowly increasing
 
Which happened the other day(or right around there)--the new powerheads or the salt. I'm assuming you had a tank full of water made with one kind of salt, ran out and are now doing water changes with the new salt.
Correct

I did my usual 10 gallon Sunday change on a 45 gallon tank w sump.

then this week I messed around w flow because I noticed dead spots and the acans looked smaller. Thought it was a flow issue.
 
sorry looking bunch of chaps
image.jpg
 
I had the same thing happen recently with my acans. I had messed with the flow and I think they just needed a while to adjust. About a week or so went by and they are back to being fluffy again.
 
I had the same thing happen recently with my acans. I had messed with the flow and I think they just needed a while to adjust. About a week or so went by and they are back to being fluffy again.
That reassuring. With everyone else doing well I was at a loss
 
image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 38

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new