Acans stopped being hungry -- Overfeeding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rakie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
5,567
Reaction score
17,040
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my pig acans may have finally gotten their fill. After getting on the feeding bandwagon things really picked up their pace. Lots of growth and improved colors. As time has gone on, their feeding has become a little more picky, and less aggressive.

Do you think this is from prolonged overfeeding?

Not worried, just curious! I'm relatively new to Acans.
 
So my pig acans may have finally gotten their fill. After getting on the feeding bandwagon things really picked up their pace. Lots of growth and improved colors. As time has gone on, their feeding has become a little more picky, and less aggressive.

Do you think this is from prolonged overfeeding?

Not worried, just curious! I'm relatively new to Acans.

Any water parameter changes?
Over feeding can shut them down for a while.
 
Any water parameter changes?
Over feeding can shut them down for a while.

None. It seems to be half of them, the other ones are completely normal pigs still. But half of them seem less responsive to foods.
 
I noticed this trend time to time with acans, blastomussa and even our large trachy. After a few weeks of not spot feeding they would show a feeding response regularly.
 
I noticed this trend time to time with acans, blastomussa and even our large trachy. After a few weeks of not spot feeding they would show a feeding response regularly.

How often do you typically feed? I've been feeding every other day for the most part and had changed it up to smaller nightly feedings haha!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new