Acantho closed up!

surfingwel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
Location
NYC
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got acathophyllia at a local fish store it looked beautiful pink color

When i put it in my tank it did not puff up.

Other corals gonis, bubble, trachy, acan, torches, duncan, leathers.. etc look great. Just not that one

I've read they can be dramatic and take days to open up ia that true
 
I got acathophyllia at a local fish store it looked beautiful pink color

When i put it in my tank it did not puff up.

Other corals gonis, bubble, trachy, acan, torches, duncan, leathers.. etc look great. Just not that one

I've read they can be dramatic and take days to open up ia that true
How long ago did you put it in your tank? Yes, they can take up to a few days to acclimate. Make sure it’s in the right light and flow. You can go to Tidal Gardens website site for specific acan care and requirements info.
 
Like 4 days ago. Thanks i will check out the video
 
I got acathophyllia at a local fish store it looked beautiful pink color

When i put it in my tank it did not puff up.

Other corals gonis, bubble, trachy, acan, torches, duncan, leathers.. etc look great. Just not that one

I've read they can be dramatic and take days to open up ia that true
How long ago did you put it in your tank? Yes, they can take up to a few days to acclimate. Make sure it’s in the right light and flow. You can go to Tidal Gardens website site for specific acan care and requirements info.
They like colder temps and indirect lighting. 76 degrees is perfect for acanthophylia and Scolys.
 
I got acathophyllia at a local fish store it looked beautiful pink color

When i put it in my tank it did not puff up.

Other corals gonis, bubble, trachy, acan, torches, duncan, leathers.. etc look great. Just not that one

I've read they can be dramatic and take days to open up ia that true
Hi, I have couple acantho, when i get them, 3 of them was closed because my filefish nip it, take it out and acantho open up. In my tank, they open better with low flow and low light. I remember 1 of them take a wild to accimate, like 3 months before open up. So I thing make sure no fish or clean up crew nip it and if the flow are low everything shoud be fine.
 
I think they are getting there. Well did not look completely dead so i was hopeful
 
I think they are getting there. Well did not look completely dead so i was hopeful
The one who take 3 months to acclimate, I thought he going tho died out, mouth always open and i saw the skeleton under the skin. no reaction when i feed it. make sure he not lose skin. good luck with your acantho!
 
Thanks! Fingers crossed !
 
Here mine

The last one was the one who stuggle the girs 3 months
 

Attachments

  • 20251209_135636.jpg
    20251209_135636.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20251209_135640.jpg
    20251209_135640.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20251209_135702.jpg
    20251209_135702.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 30
  • 20251209_135707.jpg
    20251209_135707.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 32
I see mine pyuffy today just now after 1 month!!

Also a bta nem sit today so my tank may be on an uptick
 
I see mine pyuffy today just now after 1 month!!

Also a bta nem sit today so my tank may be on an uptick
He does not look as good as yours yet but good to see it pick up!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new