Acanthophyllia Deshayesiana Show Off Thread!!

Scolacanthop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Scolacanthop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one is so pretty!! Hey BSA let me know if you have some darn one comeing up!!!
To all Reef to Reef members: I would report that My account has been hacked. i did changed my info. This is one of example that it is not my post.
To the hacker: stop do this. Not sure why you do this is for. It is not cool at all.

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these going for? Some of them are amazing
They go for about 350-1k. You can find a solid colored one every now and then for $100-150. It's all based on size and colors like all corals.

The one on the left in my picture I believe the store wanted $650 and I traded some corals for it and the one on the right I paid $450 when it was very small about a year ago.

Part of me wants to sell my Master Scoly that my Fiance` bought so I can have another meat coral...by far the best coral ever.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go for about 350-1k. You can find a solid colored one every now and then for $100-150. It's all based on size and colors like all corals.

The one on the left in my picture I believe the store wanted $650 and I traded some corals for it and the one on the right I paid $450 when it was very small about a year ago.

Part of me wants to sell my Master Scoly that my Fiance` bought so I can have another meat coral...by far the best coral ever.
I think that would be a BAD move selling what the fiance got. The reprocussion wouldnt be worth the coral. I have 5 scolys and im trying to get my first acanthophyllia.

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be a BAD move selling what the fiance got. The reprocussion wouldnt be worth the coral. I have 5 scolys and im trying to get my first acanthophyllia.

Of course I wouldn't sell it without her knowing *If I could have my way! :mad:*

Meat corals just have an amazing look and love how they change shape, they are amazing.

HarryC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing thread. I was lucky enough to score my first Acanthophyllia for $50 a few weeks ago. When I got it the ridges of the skeleton were exposed around the entire piece, and the flesh didn't expand much. It's been getting bigger in my system quickly, and I underestimated how large it's flesh was capable of getting. It seemed to have damaged its flesh on my live rock today shortly after these pictures were taken. There seemed to be a small stream of zooanthale, and it's now back to its receded look like when I got it. Any tips on recovery? Hope it's not beyond repair.
IMG_0391.jpeg
IMG_0235.JPG

HarryC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of it now. If you look closely the small stream of zooanthale is visible in the picture where it was damaged.
IMG_0249.JPG

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's sick^

Acanthophyllia are some of my favorite corals. This is my yellow variant, a color not often seen with acanthos, and even more unique is the fact that it has two distinct heads. Never seen that before

20191108_192235.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have recently become one of my favorite corals. Mine is looking pretty sad right now. Who else besides WWC sells these hottie's?
Old thread I know but saw this for the first time today on uniquecorals.com. Beautiful but sucks they cant be fragged. Maybe thats why they arent very popular!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great I've wanted one of these for a long time and now I'm going to get to see what's out there. Those are some of the best looking I've seen. Any way to propagate??
Nope and that sucks! :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back