Acanthophyllia Deshayesiana Show Off Thread!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishinfool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
image.jpg
 
Beautiful rainbow stripes on that second one BSA Corals!
 
Last edited:
New tag for meat coral lovers! Click this and subscribe and then use it every time you post some eye candy or meat coral info! #meatcoral
 
These have recently become one of my favorite corals. Mine is looking pretty sad right now. Who else besides WWC sells these hottie's?
 
Hungry!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1421985387075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421985387075.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 555
Can these be kept on a rock? I run a BB tank and was wondering if they would be comfortable on a rock or a piece of pvc? Thanks.
 
Can these be kept on a rock? I run a BB tank and was wondering if they would be comfortable on a rock or a piece of pvc? Thanks.

A LFS that deals with corals for the more expensive taste. Keeps them on grates and some raised for viewing by pvc. As long as the pvc is not too wide. As for rocks. Not sure they inflate so much that a current may help knock them off. Also the flesh may get irritated if rocks are not smooth. They are low to low-medium light and low flow. Mine gets so inflated it takes up 3x the real estate of its skeleton. Never had luck with scoly, too much light, even in my lowest light area around 100 par. But acanthophylia no problems.
 
It's been a while since anyone has posted here, so I thought I'd share a pic of an acanthophyllia I never thought I'd e positing a picture of online. A friend of mine bought it for $600 or $650 after seeing a beautiful pic online, but when it arrived it didn't look anything like the photo. He kept it for a while but finally called it a loss and sold it to me for $150. I figured for that price I'd take the chance and see if it ever became anything interesting. For months it just looked brown during the day and had a few streaks that were OK at night. Just in the last 2 months, this is what it's turned into.

Day Lighting
acantho1_zpsjg7sdsqa.jpg


Night Lighting
acantho2_zpsturcktya.jpg
 
I'm drooling over that one..........That thing is insane!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new