Acanthophyllia, indophylia or Cynaria?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeanCG59
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JeanCG59

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2025
Messages
70
Reaction score
53
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I know I’m new to this hobby so calling experts to help me ID this coral.
I thought I was buying a Acanthophyllia. But to me this looks more like a cynaria? Am I wrong?

IMG_7960.jpeg IMG_7959.jpeg IMG_7961.jpeg
 
To me this looks like a cynarina... But it is kind of acantho like too.

Is it more "meaty" than fleshy? Fleshy = cynarina in my mind.
It looks more fleshy. And kind of transparent.
It was sold as an Acanthophyllia
 
Upvote 0
Cynarina cf macassarensis
I was thinking it was too because there is a Acanthophyllia at my LPS and it’s thinner and you can’t see through it and looks more like a volcano. This one is more like a doughnut.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new