Acanthos concerns

tmo65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone might have a clue I would appreciate it. I have two acanthos that are just never happy in my display tank. All my others are fine, (I have 4 others doing fine) but these two just can get settled. I have moved them around all over the tank to try to find a spot, turned the flow off for a while to observe, turned the par down. They are fine when in Refugium with low flow and par around 60, but they can’t stay in there forever.
Parameter are 8.67:438:1368:.03:7.4 Par at the current locations is 95. I am at a loss. They are my two best looking ones to and I just can’t figure it out.

Thanks.

IMG_0723.jpeg IMG_0722.jpeg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone might have a clue I would appreciate it. I have two acanthos that are just never happy in my display tank. All my others are fine, (I have 4 others doing fine) but these two just can get settled. I have moved them around all over the tank to try to find a spot, turned the flow off for a while to observe, turned the par down. They are fine when in Refugium with low flow and par around 60, but they can’t stay in there forever.
Parameter are 8.67:438:1368:.03:7.4 Par at the current locations is 95. I am at a loss. They are my two best looking ones to and I just can’t figure it out.

Thanks.

IMG_0723.jpeg
My acantho took awhile to acclimate, about 2 months to be exact. I'd give it time and stop moving it, eventually it will adjust to where you put it. Also keep an eye out for gall crabs, they live in the coral and can really irritate them, specifically corals like acanthos

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back