Acclimating Acros with different Alk levels

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtichenor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am with @jda that "ALK swings" within reason are not acro killers.

That said, I do try to minimize the number and severity of stressors. Especially if shipped.

a) I buy only from vendors that run similar parameters to mine
b) Temp acclimate in sump
c) Light acclimate after that in my softly lit LPS tank
d) After a couple days in LPS, THEN I clip and dip. Potassium chloride
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new