Acclimating Large Colonies

Ian Baxter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
698
Reaction score
182
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says. I'm looking at buying a large colony of branching hammers (30+ heads). How would I go about acclimation and dipping. I assume dipping in a bucket, but would you drip acclimate?
 
As the title says. I'm looking at buying a large colony of branching hammers (30+ heads). How would I go about acclimation and dipping. I assume dipping in a bucket, but would you drip acclimate?
I would probably do a dip for flat worms. I have introduced flat worms into my tank a couple times with picking up branching lps from other hobbyists tanks and even lfs.
I probably would have benefited from a quarantine tank for coral too, but I fail on that point.
 
I would probably do a dip for flat worms. I have introduced flat worms into my tank a couple times with picking up branching lps from other hobbyists tanks and even lfs.
I probably would have benefited from a quarantine tank for coral too, but I fail on that point.
Yeah, I don’t have room for a QT at the moment. But, that would be ideal for sure. Flatworms can be a nightmare from the stories I’ve heard.
 
Yeah, I don’t have room for a QT at the moment. But, that would be ideal for sure. Flatworms can be a nightmare from the stories I’ve heard.
I've seen them hide inside the skeletons, next to the flesh. I've been shocked when doing dips with fwe and seeing the amount of flat worms that crawl/float out.
 
I rarely temp acclimate unless there's a big temp diff. They are getting dipped in my tank water as it is, so that's getting them fairly close while being dipped.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new