Acclimating Milipora and transferring to high light

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

I have a question for the more experienced Acro growers. How long do you keep a new Milli frag in low light to acclimate before putting in high light?

For context the Milli in question here is an aquaculture variety, and is encrusted (I bought it encrusted - it did not encrust in my tank). I have an Orphek Atlantik iCon - which is a pretty powerful light overall. I’m trying to figure out how long I should leave it at the bottom of the tank on a frag rack before moving it to higher light conditions .

Thanks in advance

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all -

I have a question for the more experienced Acro growers. How long do you keep a new Milli frag in low light to acclimate before putting in high light?

For context the Milli in question here is an aquaculture variety, and is encrusted (I bought it encrusted - it did not encrust in my tank). I have an Orphek Atlantik iCon - which is a pretty powerful light overall. I’m trying to figure out how long I should leave it at the bottom of the tank on a frag rack before moving it to higher light conditions .

Thanks in advance
I think it really depends on where you get it from and their conditions. To be honest, if it is from a vendor that keeps it in high light then I just pop it in with no light acclimating.

OP
OP
Forty-Two

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it really depends on where you get it from and their conditions. To be honest, if it is from a vendor that keeps it in high light then I just pop it in with no light acclimating.
Thanks. Checked with the LFS and moved it to the same par level in my tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back