Acclimating okay?

shadynate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some coral recently. This is 2 days in. I’m unsure what the polyps looked like in the fish store but they seem to not be coming out. Might it take some coral some time to extend their polyps in their new environment?
image.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think a bit more information may be useful. This looks like a monti. What kind of PAR is it getting? What are your water parameters like? Acclimation can take a few days or sometimes weeks and a lot of corals brown out a bit and do not extend at first but just good to know your baselines to be able to help.

OP
OP
S

shadynate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure the PAR, it’s from the redsea max nano 50w light. At pretty high intensity. Phosphate .9 nitrate 5.9 calcium 440 magnesium 1330 and alk 11

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not sure the PAR, it’s from the redsea max nano 50w light. At pretty high intensity. Phosphate .9 nitrate 5.9 calcium 440 magnesium 1330 and alk 11
Montis tend to like medium light. I think it might be in an area with too much light based on the coloring.

I also want to double check, is your phosphate 0.9 or 0.09. If it’s 0.9 I might recommend that you consider trying to lower that. Montis brown out in high phosphate.

OP
OP
S

shadynate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added some GFO, I had stopped using bc the tank had no livestock but I recently added some fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back