Acclimating Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bozburn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bozburn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2022
Messages
106
Reaction score
146
Location
Nashville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone do to acclimate a cleaner shrimp? I drip acclimate all of my fish but I saw the instructions from where I got the shrimp say to float it for 30 minutes or so, open up the bag and net it out and put it in the tank immediately.

It will be getting delivered today. Thanks for the input!
 
What does everyone do to acclimate a cleaner shrimp? I drip acclimate all of my fish but I saw the instructions from where I got the shrimp say to float it for 30 minutes or so, open up the bag and net it out and put it in the tank immediately.

It will be getting delivered today. Thanks for the input!
Shrimps I find need good acclimation especially cleaner and fire red shrimp. Equalize temperature in bag then equalize salinity and ph of bag water with that of display tank. I after floating bag empty contents into a Clean container and then equalize the above mentioned
 
Also definitely depends on where you got the shrimp from. If it is from a long ship cross country, I would make the acclimation faster since a lengthened acclimation and exposure to ammonia would be more detrimental than acclimation shock.

But 20~30 minute floating into 30~40 minute drip acclimation is my go to
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new